to Jewell Avenues along South Pearl Street. A few years later, tracks were completed south to Evans Avenue and then east to service the growing University of Denver campus. Soon, the University soon earned the nickname “Tramway Tech” and the building boom was on.
From 1900 through 1915 several multi-use buildings were completed along the thriving corridor. Growing neighborhoods needed retail and service-oriented businesses and soon barber and beauty shops, grocers, dry goods stores, tailors, bakeries, pharmacies, five-and-dime stores, mechanics’ garages, movie houses, and diners were plying their trades all along South Pearl Street.