Do you ever feel like "you shouldn't" when it comes to choosing or making dessert for yourself at home? Well enough with all that B.S.! This blondie recipe from Katie Sampayo is a dessert that you can enjoy with no guilt.
Kaite is the author of "Eat to Thrive: The Anti-Diet Cookbook". Full of recipes that teach an uncomplicated food philosophy you can be happy with while providing practical and helpful information to guide any person through their personal wellness journey.
This Chickpea Blondie recipe from Eat to Thrive is fast, simple, and ridiculously delicious. Made with our OG Classic Creamy peanut butter, you will definitely be making this many times for yourself, and your people.
1, 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed & drained
1/2 cup Classic Creamy peanut butter (I ended up using the whole jar)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used 1/2 cup)
(I personally prefer to use (mostly) organic ingredients when I can and when it makes sense to. Your personal food philosophy will guide your choices.)
1 8x8 inch non-stick baking pan. You can use glass or ceramic also. I would recommend greasing those with butter instead of a non-stick spray.
Blender or food processor of some sort.
Small spatula, or wooden spoon.
1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees. After everything is portioned, you can throw ingredients, except the chocolate chips, into your blender or food processor.
2. Blend for just a few minutes until all ingredients are a consistent texture/mixture. You can pulse it evenly too.
TIP: You may have to pour in a little water or stop and mix the contents with your spatula in order to incorporate everything.
3. Pour mixture into your buttered glass/ceramic or non-stick pan spreading it out evenly and removing as much as you can from your blender/food processor.
TIP: A small flexible 3 inch by 1/2 inch spatula is a great kitchen tool for recipes like this.
4. Spread chocolate chips out on top of raw mixture evenly.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
6. Pull from oven and let cool until the contents of the pan are ready to be cut. You will know everything is ready from the fluffy texture of the blondies. Also, the pan will have cooled down to "warm".
7. Cut into portions of your liking and enjoy!
If you want a ridiculous foodgasm in your mouth, make these Chickpea Blondies from Eat to Thrive, order a classic Threesome, and spread any flavor ON TOP OF THESE BLONDIES! Holy-moly it's an amazing food experience! Oh, you might also want to include a nice cold glass of milk into this PB Love experience.
Tag @pbloveco and @katie_sampayo with your pics of your creations! Thank you for reading and as always, we wish you happy bellies and peanut butter dreams!
The PB Love Company