Grilled PB & J with Classic Crunchy Peanut Butter
The simpler the better, right? Here is a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich
recipe elevated just a little, PB Love
style. It's usually grape or strawberry, and we love strawberry! Especially Red Camper's Strawberry Limoncello
made here in Denver, CO. Enjoy!
We recommend this sandwich with a side of bacon and fresh strawberries. We even added sliced nanners (that's PB Love language for bananas) inside for another layer of flavor, texture and nutrition. Hell yes!
Organic butter - we like Kalona
Organic whole wheat bread
1 organic nanner
Slice bread to your desired thickness. We cut about 1/2 inch thick.
Slice or chop your strawberries how ever you like. These are served as your side.
Slice nanners thinly using 4-5 slices per sandwich. These go into your sandwich.
Open your jars of goodies, stir and have ready to spread.
1. Heat your skillet to medium-medium high, place scoop of butter and melt it.
When it comes to butter, we can never have enough! Just be sure you melt an amount to cover both slices of bread, one side.
2. Spread desired amount of Classic Crunchy on one side of your bread - 1 large table spoon is a good place to start, per slice.
3. Place slices on skillet (obviously peanut butter side up) griddling your bread in that wonderful butter. Wait until your butter is sizzling before you begin to griddle bread.
4. Next, spread desired amount of Strawberry Limoncello Preserves on top of peanut butter, both slices. After that, add your thinly sliced nanners, 4-5 slices on one piece of bread.
5. By this time, 2 - 4 minutes have gone by. Continue to griddle your bread slices for another 2 - 5 minutes. The longer the crunchier.
6. Stack the slice without nanners on the other and smash with a spatula - marrying the insides of your sandwich together. Flip, turn off your heat and griddle a little more.
7. Remove sandwich, cut in half, sprinkle with sea salt, serve and eat.
Repeat above for each individual sandwich.
This really is one hell of a PB & J (with preserves)! We guess this PB & J is nothing like you had when you were a kiddo. #lifeelevated
April 2nd is always National PB & J Day, and we look forward to another ridiculously delicious recipe next year.
As always, thank you for reading! Cheers to feeding people and spreading smiles!
The PB Love Company