Banana Pancakes with Classic Creamy Peanut Butter- Elvis Style
January 2021 is a month we will always remember and be impressed by. Our 1, 2, 3 of this months most memorable awesomeness:
1. NATIONAL PEANUT BUTTER DAY! - every January, 24th.
2. We celebrate the first women of color to serve as the United States Vice President - January, 21st.
3. Elvis Presley's 86h birthday! Born January 8th, 1935.
These three ingredient (eggs, peanut butter, bananas) pancakes are inspired by the ever popular peanut butter combo made famous by "The King" Elvis Presley - his favorite peanut butter sandwich is said to be made of toast, peanut butter, banana, honey, and bacon - OMG! We basically just made pancakes out of it instead of a sandwich. Enjoy!
* Makes 6-10 smallish pancakes
3 large organic bananas
Organic virgin coconut oil
Cook your bacon - we like the texture in-between crispy and fatty. While your bacon cooks:
Peel and chop your bananas into small pieces - separate a small portion aside for dressing pancake stack later.
Whip the 4 eggs in a separate bowl with a fork.
Once your bacon is done and cooled enough for you to handle, chop into small pieces and set aside for later.
1. Mix eggs, bananas and Classic Creamy peanut butter in a mixing bowl using a beater tool and mix/beat until a consistent batter forms. For faster and more consistent pancakes, you can mix the three ingredients in a blender or food processor.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium and place a small scoop of coconut oil (depending on how many pancakes you are making at one time) in skillet.
3. Carefully pour your desired size pancake from your bowl/blender or processor into skillet. If you like crispy pancakes, raise the temperature of your skillet.
4. Flip pancake(s) after a few minutes and cook the other side.
5. Place in warming pan/dish. Repeat until all batter is gone.
6. Stack pancakes, dress with remaining peanut butter, drizzle desired amount of honey, top with extra bananas and your lovely chopped bacon - it's time to eat!
Peanut butter pancakes made with PB Love - Elvis style - is a great way to bring people together. Our purpose here at PB Love is to feed you real, delicious food and make you happy!
We wish you the happiest of bellies this coming 2021! Cheers to you and yours, and as always, thank you for reading.
The PB Love Company