PB & J Bacon Cheeseburger With Classic Crunchy Peanut Butter
Introducing an epic recipe for any burger lover. Especially (obviously) if you are obsessed with all things peanut butter like we are! #peanutbutterparadise
This classic bacon cheeseburger recipe is taken to a whole new level using a few of our favorite Colorado brands, and of course one of our favorite flavors, Classic Crunchy! We even include a Thai peanut sauce for some sweet potato french fry dipping goodness - yummy!
Have fun and enjoy!
A big shout out to these amazing Colorado producers for making and growing some incredible food! Thanks for feeding us:
One of our greatest pleasures is being a part of such a spectacular food world here in Colorado! You can learn more about these brands and support them directly by shopping their online stores.
INGREDIENTS - burger set up
1 pound ground beef - Parker Pastures
(this will make 4, 4 oz burgers seasoned with sea salt, garlic powder, fresh ground pepper)
1 - 2 vine ripened tomatos
1 head romaine lettuce
1 medium sized red onion
Bacon (we used hickory smoked - use as much as you'd like)
1 - 4 fresh jalapenos
1 jar Strawberry Limoncello Preserves
- Red Camper
* You may not end up using everything. It just depends on how many people you want to feed and how much trimmings you like on your burger set up. Or, you might want extra of everything! #YOLO
INGREDIENTS - Thai peanut dipping sauce
Green onion 1 - 2 stalks
1/2 cup organic, whole plain yogurt
2 table spoons chili garlic sauce
2 tables spoons organic soy sauce
2 heaping table spoons Classic Crunchy peanut butter (already listed above)
Sweet potatoes - 2 large will make enough for 4 small servings. We pan fried them in organic virgin coconut oil. Organic butter is a good substitute as well.
Burger trimmings - Rinse/wash everything. Slice your tomato and red onion to your liking and set aside. Pull apart romaine lettuce and set aside also. Slice jalapenos in half and set aside.
Ground beef - Using a medium sized bowl, place ground beef and season with sea salt, garlic powder and fresh ground pepper. Mash up and mix by hand eventually rolling 4 burger patties together. Set aside.
Sweet potato - Cut/slice sweet potato to your liking. We sliced to make long fries. You can slice to make potato chip shape also.
Bacon - Slice, cook (we like it crispy) and set aside.
STEPS - Thai peanut dipping sauce
This is really simple.
1. Chop green onion to your liking.
2. Mix in all ingredients until you get an even color with everything. Cover and set aside in fridge until you're ready to dip your sweet potato fries!
STEPS - fries and burger
1. Heat skillet to about medium and pan fry sweet potatoes in organic virgin coconut oil. We love cast iron, any skillet will do. Depending on the thickness of your cuts, and how crispy you want to go, this may take 10 - 20 minutes
2. Heat skillet to medium and cook patties and jalapenos together. We like a good medium rare - medium temp. on burger patties.
* You can cook all these items at the same time or separate, does not matter. Just depends on your skill level in the kitchen.
3. When patties are close to done, turn off heat, place cheddar slices on meat, cover with lid and let the cheese melt.
4. Season fries with a little sea salt and remove from pan.
5. Dress one side of each bun with your desired amount of Classic Crunchy peanut butter (first) and Strawberry Limoncello preserves on top.
6. Now you can begin building your awesome burger plate!
Pull your Thai peanut sauce from the fridge and portion out in a small ramekin for dipping.
Enjoy your peanut butter bacon cheeseburger with your cooked jalapeno and a Real Dill pickle on the side! That's it!
Damn this was such a great burger to scarf down! It's always fun to find another interesting way to enjoy our premium peanut butters. We hope that you are pleasantly surprised with some of our combos and recipes, and we look forward to our next foodgasm creation!
As always, thanks for reading!
The PB Love Company