Thanksgiving is nothing with out the traditional pumpkin pie for dessert. We decided to put a little spin on the original recipe by adding Classic Creamy with Sea Salt. It is definitely not your grandma's pie but it will soon be the go-to recipe.
Recipe Girl gave us the inspiration to tackle this classic pie reimagined and it was not regrettable choice.
1 pre-made Pie Crust
16 oz can Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree
3/4 cup firmly packed Light Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Classic Creamy with Sea Salt peanut butter
1 1/2 cups Half and Half
1/4 cup Whiskey
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Salt
*option for homemade pie crust Recipe Girl
1. Roll out pre-made pie crust and transfer to a 10 inch glass pie pan. Set aside in refrigerator.
2. Position oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 425°.
3. In a large bowl with a hand mixer combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and Classic Creamy with Sea Salt. Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Add half and half, whiskey, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt mix until combined.
4. Pour filling into prepared shell.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° and continue to bake for 50 minutes or until filling is set and uniformly puffed.
6. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
7. Slice and serve with this Coconut Whip Cream with Cinnamon Almond.
This is pumpkin pie recipe is for those peanut butter lovers and pie lovers all around. It is a perfect combination of both flavor profiles that will make it the new go-to pumpkin pie recipe.
We are grateful to be feeding people and spreading smiles.
The PB Love Co