Christmas cookie season is here!
A classic cookie to see this time of year are these Peanut Butter Blossoms made with Classic Creamy peanut butter. Chocolate, peanut butter, and it's a cookie... where's the milk?
Thank you to Beyond the Butter blog that brought this nostalgic treat to life.
1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 jar Classic Creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar (lightly packed)
1 Egg (room temperature)
2 tbsp Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup additional Granulated Sugar
11 oz bag of Hershey Kisses
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
2. Using a mixer, cream together Classic Creamy peanut butter, butter, both sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
4. On medium-low speed, gradually add flour mixture until completely blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when needed.
5. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
6. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375°.
7. After an hour remove the dough from the fridge. With a spoon and your hands, shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar and place on baking sheet 1 1/2 inch apart.
8. Bake for 7-8 minutes, remove cookies from the oven and gently place unwrapped Hershey Kisses on each cookie and press down to create crackly cookie edges.
9. Return to oven and bake for 2 minutes.
10. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
11. Enjoy with friends and family.
This was Mario's first time making cookies and he couldn't be more happy with outcome. Even the beginner baker can get there hands on this easy cookie recipe.
Make some for yourself, friends and family. Just make sure to save a few for Santa.
The PB Love Company