Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce With Classic Creamy Peanut Butter
Summer roll, spring roll, Thai veggie roll, Vietnamese roll... whatever you want to call it doesn't really matter. What's most important is the peanut butter used for your peanut dipping sauce!
A traditional and easy to make favorite has been elevated with our premium Classic Creamy peanut butter.
Our focus for this post is the peanut sauce of course. We ordered to-go from the local Vietnamese restaurant some damn tasty spring rolls just to save time. Check out this recipe if you want to be more adventurous and make your own spring rolls.
This Thai Peanut Sauce recipe comes from one of our favorite recipe sites - allrecipes.com.
1. 2 teaspoons organic vegetable oil
2. 1 large clove garlic - we used 2
3. 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger root
4. 3/4 cup hot water
6. 1/2 lemon, juiced
7. 2 tablespoons Thai style sweet chili sauce
8. 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
9. 1 tablespoon soy sauce
10. 2 pinches red pepper flakes - 3 or 4 pinches for more spice
Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic and ginger in hot oil for about 1 minute - be sure not to burn!
2. Add hot water, peanut butter, and lemon juice to the saucepan; stir until smooth. Stir chili sauce, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce into the peanut butter mixture.
Reduce heat to low and cook sauce at a simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add red pepper flakes; stir.
4. Remove from heat, let cool and enjoy. It is not necessary to cool sauce before eating.
OMG this was pretty damn good! We added a little chopped peanuts and fresh chives for a little texture and visual appeal. You do you - #YOLO
As always, thanks for reading and leave your comments/feedback below. We would love to hear from you and we look forward to feeding you again soon.
The PB Love Company