Gathering the flavors of Thailand, seasonal vegetables of the winter, and the texture of Classic Crunchy peanut butter a beautiful warming soup was created for the chilly temperatures.
The original recipe called for a slow-cooker, we adapted the Taste of Home recipe to be made with out the appliance. Same flavors and texture were achieved with half the time.
3 cups Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
1 medium Onion, finely chopped
4 cloved Garlic, minced
1 tsp Gingerroot, minced
1 28oz container Vegetable Stock
1 12oz can Light Coconut Milk
1 jar Classic Crunchy peanut butter
3 tbsp Lime Juice
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
Garnish: Cilantro, Lime wedges, chopped Peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
2. Combine squash, onion, garlic, and gingerroot on baking sheet drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown around the edges of the squash.
4. Place roasted squash mixture in a bowl. Using a blender, working in batches blend squash and vegetable broth. Transfer to large pot.
5. Add coconut milk, Classic Crunchy peanut butter, lime juice, and soy sauce to pot. Mix until incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
7. Serve up and garnish with cilantro, extra lime wedges, and peanuts.
Cozy up around the fireplace with a bowl of hearty soup and enjoy. It will sure be keeping you warm and fed through out the season.
The PB Love Company