Show Dad some love this year with the "Classic Dad" Gift Bundle and this delicious Sticky BBQ ribs recipe that you can cook together. We took some classic BBQ ribs and paired it with a Thai inspired Peanut BBQ sauce using PB Love all-natural Classic Creamy peanut butter.
A traditional BBQ sauce has a base of ketchup, sugar and Worcestershire sauce. To personalize it you add spices, ingredients, or alternative sweeteners. This is where you can make culture influences to elevate your meal and ribs.
After seeing this twist on ribs from Half-Baked Harvest and drooling, we needed to share it with world.
5 lbs Baby Back ribs (2 racks)
1 1/2 cups Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
2 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
2 tsp Fish Sauce
2 tbsp Fresh Ginger, grated
2 cloves Garlic, minced
pinch of Pepper
Peanut BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/3 cup Classic Creamy Peanut Butter, warmed/melted
1/4 cup Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
2 tsp Thai Red Curry Paste
1/2-1 tbsp Chinese 5 Spice
1 Lime, juice
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped (optional)
* We added more peanut butter, because why not.
1. The night before, take a knife and wedge it just underneath the membrane to loosen and the pull the membrane up off the bone.
2. Place ribs in a large baking dish or roasting pan.
3. In a bowl combine the sweet Thai chili sauce, soy sauce, Thai red curry paste, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Whisk to combine and then pour the marinade over the ribs. Cover ribs and place in fridge over night, flip once or twice is possible.
4. The next day, preheat the oven 300°. Cover the baking dish tight with foil and bake ribs for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or until very tender and the internal temperature 170°. Periodically baste the ribs with the marinade.
5. When ribs are completed, place on a preheated medium-high grill. Baste the ribs with the Classic Creamy Peanut Butter BBQ Sauce (recipe below) and grill 3-5 minutes per side or until lightly charred.
All-natural Classic Creamy Peanut Butter BBQ Sauce
1. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, ketchup, Classic Creamy peanut butter, sweet Thai chili sauce, rice vinegar, Thai red curry paste, Chinese 5 spice, lime juice, and cilantro. If the sauce is not mixing place on the stove top on low heat until everything is melted together.
Serve up the ribs with the extra BBQ sauce and classic BBQ sides. To follow the Asian inspired meal try our Miso Peanut Slaw using our Classic Creamy with Sea Salt. Dig in and don't forget to lick your plate clean.
Happy Father's Day!
The PB Love Company