Get transported to Asia and a different way of serving chicken. If the chicken doesn't have you hooked, the accompanied sauce sure will! A perfect way to introduce our new flavor Classic Creamy with Sea Salt and get the summer BBQ season started.
Chicken satay is a common street food from Indonesia and is paired with a sweet peanut sauce. It can be enjoyed as either a finger food at a party or part of a meal during the week.
Rock Recipes was able to keep in mind the simplicity of chicken satay as well delivering a unique combination of sweet, sour, and spicy flavors.
Pair this with our Spicy Ramen made with Classic Creamy with Sea Salt or "slaw name" and you'er sure to have a flavorful night.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into 1/4 inch wide strips
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 TBSP canola oil
1/2 cup Classic Creamy with Sea Salt peanut butter
2 TBSP JoJo Siracha, more or less to taste
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup water
4 TBSP Soy Sauce
2 TSP toasted sesame oil
4 TBSP rice vinegar
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP ginger root, minced
1/2 TSP black pepper
2 TBSP Lemon Juice
1. Weave the chicken strips onto skewers and aside until the sauce is ready.
2. In a small sauce pan lightly sauté the garlic in canola oil over medium low heat for about 1 minute.
3. Add Classic Creamy with Sea Salt peanut butter, JoJo Siracha, hoisin sauce, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ginner root, and pepper. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Let cool and separate half the sauce for serving.
5. Brush the other half on the prepared chicken.
6. Lay the skewers onto a preheated grill and cook for about 3 minutes per side or until fully cooked through. (Due to weather we baked the chicken at 350 for 20 min. Than brushed and browned the chicken in a pan to achieve a similar result).
7. Garnish with roasted chopped peanuts and remaining sauce.
Sweet, Sour, Spicy, and Easy! Bringing this popular street food to your table is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Perfect for meal prep, finger food at gatherings, or a week night dinner.
As always, thank you for reading and enjoy!
The PB Love Company